Sunday, May 24, 2009

Red Hook Brooklyn May 2009

Physicist's Birthday hosted by Julia Oldham in her Red Hook Brooklyn apartment.
I asked Julia about her project and this is what she said "I do not have a name for the curatorial project... I thought of having this show as a way to celebrate my partner Eric's birthday. He's a physicist, so we ended up calling the show Physicist's Birthday. It doesn't have anything to do with the works shown... just descriptive of the event! I hadn't really thought of this as something that I would do more than once, but I got so much wonderful feedback, and there was so much enthusiasm, that I think I would like to do something similar again!"

Participating artists include:
Valerie Garlick
Jay Henderson
Benjamin King
Josh Melnick
Julia Oldham
Timothy La Pointe
Brea Souders
Brothers Zach Sandler and Joshua Sandler each screened two really crazy video works on Valerie's projector later in the night

Julia Oldham and Josh Melnick have shows opening this week on May 29 at Art in General!










No comments: